Create a high-level SEO strategy with this free SEO Strategy Template (available in Word, Google Docs and as a PDF). This template will help you define your target audience, find promising keywords, make a plan for creating content, tips for building links, and more.
SEO Strategy Template
Why Use an SEO Strategy Template?
SEO is a scalable way to bring an incredible amount of traffic to your website. But it’s not easy. It’s VERY easy to spend a lot of time fiddling around with title tags and seeing zero results.
That’s where this SEO strategy template comes into play. It’s a detailed list of things that you need to do to get higher rankings. That way, you can prioritize your resources and focus on what will make the biggest impact. And it will streamline the entire process, saving you time and money.
That all adds up to a real competitive advantage.
Use this template to set up an SEO strategy for your business, and maximize your traffic from Google.
Here’s what’s included in this SEO strategy template:
- Define your target audience: Who are they and what do they search for?
- Topic-driven keyword research: How to find high-potential topics and keywords.
- Creating a content and link building plan: Set up a plan for publishing SEO-friendly content and building links to it.
- Setting SEO goals that are tied to actual business goals: This is the only way to know if your SEO strategy is really working.
How to Use This Template
- Download the free SEO Strategy Template on this page
- Follow the instructions in the template to define your long-term SEO strategy
- Refer to your long-term SEO strategy when creating a more tactical SEO marketing plan
- Implement the strategies from both templates to help create your content strategy, content calendar, and future blog posts
How to Create a Killer Search Engine Optimization Strategy
Let’s face it: creating an SEO strategy from scratch is a legit undertaking. This template will help you get you started on the right path. But it’s a high-level plan. Not a list of detailed steps. To succeed in SEO, you’ll also need to master the details. Here are some additional things you can do in order to make your strategy pay off:
- Be realistic. Check how the competitive landscape matches up with your site’s current SEO situation before deciding on keywords.
- As important as search engines are, your SEO strategy will fail if you don’t focus on what actual PEOPLE want. For best results, plan your content based on search intent.
- Optimize your site’s user experience, including page loading speed, readability, and more.
- See my article on How to Create an Effective SEO Strategy In 2020 for a more in-depth explanation of the items in the template.
- Check out our other SEO templates right here.