If you want more search traffic to your website, you need to tackle the right things in the right order. This SEO Marketing Plan Template (available in Word, Google Docs and as a PDF) can help. Use this template to create an effective plan for targeting specific keywords: From research to writing content, optimizing pages, building links and tracking results.
SEO Marketing Plan Template
Why Use an SEO Marketing Plan Template?
Google processes over 40,000 searches per second on average. That makes organic search a HUGE opportunity. And one that a lot of businesses still aren’t taking advantage of.
That’s why I created this template. It will help you find good keywords to target, create content to target them, and ultimately push that content to the top of Google.
This template will show you how everything fits together. And it will help you avoid skipping over important steps.
Here’s what’s included in this SEO marketing plan template:
- Find a target keyword: How to research search terms and pick the ones that will bring the best results for your business.
- Create and optimize your content: Content is the backbone of SEO. Follow the included steps to create an amazing piece of content that both users and Google will love.
- Build links: Without backlinks, your SEO marketing plan is dead in the water.
- Track your results: Make sure your efforts are paying off.
How to Use This Template
- Download the free SEO Marketing Plan Template on this page
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to set up and execute your SEO plan
- Go through the steps again each time you want to create a new page or target a new keyword
- Optional: start by filling out our SEO Strategy Template
Advanced Tips to Supercharge Your SEO Plan
When it comes to SEO, the competition is fierce. Our SEO Marketing Plan Template will put you far ahead of where you’d be without it. But it may not be enough to rank above entrenched competitors. Get out ahead of them with these advanced tips:
- Before writing any new content, start with a full content audit of what you ALREADY have. In my experience, improving or expanding existing content is the fastest way to bring in more search traffic.
- Sometimes, less is more. Check Google Analytics for “Zombie Pages” on your site that get very little traffic. And delete or redirect them.
- If your industry is super boring, create content around Shoulder Niches instead. For example, a pest control company published a DIY guide to pest control for gardeners, generating over 4,000 social shares and links from dozens of different domains.
- For more info on executing everything covered in this template, check out our A-to-Z SEO resource, the SEO Marketing Hub.
- Round out your approach with our other SEO templates.