Tap into a proven system for creating awesome content with this collection of fill-in-the-blank blog post templates (available in Word, Google Docs and as a PDF). These free templates will save you time and improve the quality of your blog posts.
Blog Post Template
Why Use a Blog Post Template?
Here’s the truth:
If you want people to read and share your blog posts, they have to be SUPER high-quality.
Yes, your stuff needs to stand out from the other blog posts in your industry. But that’s just the first step. Every article that you publish ALSO competes for attention against YouTube, social media, and mobile gaming.
As if that wasn’t enough, you can’t just publish something new every now and then. You need to create a steady stream of content. (Even if it’s just once or twice per month.) So it’s important to be efficient.
That’s the power of blog templates: They massively help you consistently publish blog content that people WANT to read and share.
This blog post template actually contains 3 separate templates for different types of articles:
- The Expanded List Post: Like a regular post… but better. This is one of my favorite kinds of blog posts.
- The Ultimate Guide: In-depth, authoritative resources that act like magnets for backlinks and social shares.
- The Product Showdown: An “A vs. B” side-by-side comparison of two competing products. Perfect if you’re an affiliate marketer, or if you just want to help your audience make better decisions.
How to Use These Templates
- Choose a topic for your blog post
- Download the collection of free Blog Post Templates on this page
- Choose one to start with
- Follow the instructions and fill in the blanks
- Paste the completed template into the content editor of your CMS, add images and polish the formatting
- Publish it and send it to your email list
How to Make Your Blog Post Stand Out
These templates will help you write an amazing blog post. But if no one ever sees it, what’s the point?
Here are some tips to make sure people find, read, and love your work.
- Optimize your content to make it rank better on Google. For example, be sure to link internally between your blog posts. And include keywords that you want to rank for.
- Focus on E-A-T: Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. One simple way to improve your E-A-T is to make your content more transparent: Clearly name the author on each article, and cite your sources. (You can see more details on the internal guidelines Google uses for evaluating content here.)
- Links are another component of E-A-T. They’re also a giant ranking factor in their own right. So design your content from the ground up to attract them. Make your blog post look good, make it detailed, and make it super actionable. Most articles do only one of those things. Nail all three? And you’ll be in great shape.
- Don’t rush to jump straight into writing: A HUGE part of the success of any blog post is research. Especially keyword research. Here’s a basic overview of how to research (and use) keywords. And here’s a little-known tool of ours that can help you jump on topics no one else is covering yet.